Fast Fashion tips - Working with 3D Avatars
"We don't use 3D." This is a comment heard frequently from designers and business leaders in the Fashion industry. And even though 3D has proven to help fashion brands save time and money it's still a hurdle that many are not willing to jump.
What's the problem anyway?
- 3D digital design and patterning tools link the entire design-to-manufacturing process together and shrink the cost and time to deliver quality, custom fitted garments.
- Many designers have no 3D experience and are reluctant to even consider the tools and thus are unable to take advantage of the benefits
But 3D has come a long way and is now both ready for the complex nature of garments and proven to be accessible to even technophobes. 3D Avatars and 3D garment templates are helping to make the transition to digital a reality throughout the fashion and apparel industry.
How does it help me get the job done?
3D Avatars make it easy to start the design process and can even be used to replace physical dress form or mannequin in the initial design step.
- Start with an Avatar or 3D parametric fit model.
- Update the model with the clients measurements and style preferences (ex. pocket details, zippers, etc...)
- Use digital patterning software to convert the 3D pieces into 2D patterns that fit.
If you want to learn more about using 3D avatars and parametric fit model templates to accelerate your fashion design to manufacturing process, give us a call and speak with an expert.